When you’re ready to begin learning for your Security+ certification exam, count on more than 20 years of our experience in creating and improving learning materials.
The Security+ Certification Study Guide is built around the learner’s needs, to take you on a path of steady learning progress. Get started immediately with a clear learning process and schedule and familiarize yourself with all certification topics. Adjust the schedule to make the guide work for you and acquire the knowledge you need to go into the exam.
All learning content is presented in modules to simplify your learning and adjust the pace of your progress. Spend as much time as you need on each module to soak up new knowledge: Breeze through the topics you may already have mastered and dive into those you don’t know about.
To get the most out of the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide and be able to prepare for your exam you should have successfully passed the CompTIA Network+ certification exam and have acquired 24 months of experience in networking support and IT administration. We also recommend the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Use a keyboard and mouse.
- Know the function and basic features of PC components.
- Able to use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles).
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches and routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.
The CompTIA Security+ Courseware is available as printed version, as eBook as well as a CompTIA Security+ voucher and training bundles.
The printed version comes as 2 separate textbooks – the CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide for the Security+ certification exam SY0-401, as well as 1 Classroom Labs book, which will guide you through hands-on exercises and practice.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide includes
- Integrated training videos by Professor Messer and
- Online practice tests
The eBook includes all content of the textbooks in a Skillpipe eBook format.
Consider a CompTIA Security+ voucher and training bundle to combine an exam voucher, training as well as a free exam retake in one package.
Security Threats and Controls
- Security Controls
- Threats and Attacks
- Network Attacks
- Assessment Tools and Techniques
Cryptography and Access Control
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Password Authentication
- Strong Authentication
- Authorization and Account Management
- Secure Network Design
- Wireless Network Security
- VPN and Remote Access Security
- Network Application Security
Host, Data, and Application Security
- Host Security
- Data Security
- Web Services Security
Web Application Security
- Virtualization and Cloud Security
- Site Security
- Mobile and Embedded Device Security
- Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Incident Response and Forensics
- Security Policies and Training