When you’re ready to prepare for your A+ certification exams, count on more than 20 years of CompTIA’s experience in creating and improving learning materials.
The CompTIA A+ Certification Study Guides will teach you the fundamental principles of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC, mobile, printer, and networking device hardware and help you to advance a career in PC support. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams by providing 100% coverage of the objectives and content examples listed on the syllabus.
After reading the CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Study Guide, you will be able to:
- Identify types and characteristics of PC, laptop, and mobile device components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot peripheral devices and system components.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot wired and wireless LAN links and internet access devices.
After reading the CompTIA A+ 220-902 Certification Study Guide, you will be able to:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Microsoft Windows, Linux, and OS X PC operating systems plus iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
- Configure and manage PC and mobile device network connectivity plus users, groups, and shared resources in a typical SOHO network.
- Use anti-virus tools to prevent and recover from malware infections.
- Configure access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Perform basic PC maintenance while working safely and responsibly and communicate effectively with customers.
To get the most out of the CompTIA A+ Certification Study Guides and prepare for your exam, you should have successfully completed the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course or have some basic experience using a PC, Windows, and browsing the web. Specifically, we recommend that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Recognize the main components of a PC and different data media such as USB drives and DVD.
- Start the computer and navigate the desktop.
- Use Windows Explorer to create directories and subdirectories and manage files.
- Use a web browser such as Internet Explorer to view websites.
The CompTIA A+ Certification Study Guides are available for purchase combined with an exam voucher, or individually in a print, or eBook.
Two fully illustrated books cover all the latest A+ exam objectives and are packed with informative and accessible content. Each include the following:
- Review questions at the end of each unit
- Comprehensive glossary
The eBook is delivered through the Skillpipe eBook reader.
Consider a CompTIA A+ voucher and training bundle to combine an exam voucher, training, as well as an exam, retake in one package.