What You'll Learn
The CySA+ Certification Study Guide will teach you the fundamental principles of using threat and vulnerability analysis tools plus digital forensics tools. It will prepare you to take the CompTIA CySA+ CS0-001 exam by providing 100% coverage of the objectives
and content examples listed on the syllabus.
After reading this study guide, you will be able to:
- Identify tools and techniques to use to perform an environmental reconnaissance of a target network or security system.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret security data from multiple log and monitoring sources.
- Use network host and web application vulnerability assessment tools and interpret the results to provide effective mitigation.
- Understand and remediate identity management, authentication, and access control issues.
- Participate in a senior role within an incident response team and use forensic tools to identify the source of an attack.
- Understand the use of frameworks, policies, and procedures and report on security architecture with recommendations for effective compensating controls.
To get the most out of the CompTIA CySA+ Study Guide and be able to prepare for your exam you should have successfully earned the CompTIA Network+ certification and CompTIA Security+ certification or have equivalent knowledge. Specifically, it is recommended
that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, switches, routers).
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools
- Identify network attack strategies and defenses.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Identify network- and host-based security technologies and practices.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.