Thank you for considering a CompTIA certification. Part of the exam preparation is making sure to have acceptable forms of identification, prior to registration for the exam. Below is the CompTIA list of acceptable identification. Candidates taking professional level exams must have professional level primary identification. State I.D's need to be readily available and proper identification needs to be obtained prior to registering to take any exams. Exceptions will not be made.
Identification (ID) Requirements
- The first and last name that the candidate uses to register must match exactly the first and last name on both of the IDs that are presented on test day.
- All IDs required must be issued by the country in which the candidate is testing. If the candidate does not have a qualifying primary ID issued from the country they are testing in, an International Travel Passport from their country of citizenship is required, along with a secondary ID.
- Candidate is required to present two forms of original (no photo copies), valid (unexpired) IDs; one form as a
primary ID (government issued with name, recent recognizable photo, and signature) and one form as a secondary ID (with at least a name and signature, or name and recent recognizable photo).
- International Travel Passport
- Driver’s license
- Military ID (including spouse & dependents)
- Identification card (national/state/province identity card)
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa)
- Local language ID (not in Roman characters) – accepted only if issued from the Country the Candidate is testing in
- Any ID containing at least name and signature, or name and recent recognizable photo that meets above ID requirement
- In Japan, a valid Blue Japanese Health Card is acceptable
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable; unless accompanied by valid renewal papers.
- European Union candidates testing within the EU zone, may also provide a valid, unexpired EU card.
- For candidates testing in Japan, an employee ID or student ID (with name and recent recognizable photo) is
acceptable as a primary ID as long as it is accompanied with a valid Blue Japanese Health Card. In Japan, the
Blue Japanese Health Card is an acceptable form of secondary ID.
- If a government issued ID is missing a visible signature (or has an embedded signature), the candidate is allowed to test as long as the other requirements for primary and secondary IDs are met.
ID Exception for Minors/Students (18 years of age and under):
- Pertains to minors/students who only have one form of photo ID (school ID is permitted)
- Minor/Student needs to be accompanied at the testing center by an adult who has proper government-issued ID
- The adult needs to sign next to the minor/student on the log in sheet to verify the student's identity
- The minor/student must have guardian authorization for each testing event.
*If you have any questions about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam, please contact Pearson VUE customer service at www.pearsonvue.com/contact. Any exceptions to the ID policy must be pre-approved by the Pearson VUE customer service center at least three business days before the scheduled exam appointment.