Two nights from now, Santa will make his way around the world, delivering toys to good girls and boys. Lucky for him, technology has made his job a little easier than it was a few years ago – not to mention a few decades ago. If we were Santa, we would be taking advantage of the following tools to get the job done faster, better and more efficiently.
In the Workshop
- Santa runs a tight ship and uses project management apps like Trello and Asana to make sure all his elves know what they need to do and when they need to complete their tasks. He assigns certain elves as project managers and gets them CompTIA Project+ certified in the off season.
- During their busy season, Santa’s elves are working too hard to stop and order batteries for toys or dinner as they pull all-nighters. They use quick-order technology like Amazon’s Dash button and Domino’s Zero Click app to get what they need without missing a beat. The IT help desk elves keep the workshop’s technology running smoothly with the knowledge they gained from CompTIA A+ certification.
At the Mall
- When children sit on Santa’s lap and tell him what they want for Christmas, Santa stealthily makes a note on his tablet using the Santa’s Bag app to keep track of wish lists.
- During his breaks, Santa checks his inbox, full of letters from children all over the world. His elves helped him craft and store templated responses that he can customize to efficiently send a personal email to every child who writes to him.
On His Sleigh
- Santa uses customer relationship management (CRM) apps like Badger Maps to plan his whirlwind trip on Christmas Eve. He marks which homes have children on his naughty and nice lists and then lets technology set the most efficient route. His IT elves, who have CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications, make sure his gadgets don’t crash during his trip and remain secure from hackers who want to know where he is “to see if reindeer really know how to fly.”
- With lots of stops to make, presents to deliver and cookies to eat, Santa needs to stay on schedule. He uses a Pomodoro Timer app to make sure he doesn’t spend too much time at one place, no matter how delicious the treats are.
Thanks to the latest gadgets and apps, Santa has streamlined the process of making and delivering presents, giving himself and his elves some breathing room. All of us at CompTIA wish you a safe and happy holiday season. We’ll see you in 2017!