Let’s put your CompTIA A+ certification to work … by helping people solve their everyday IT challenges. Think of AskIT as a virtual help desk, offering free, on-demand, 24/7 tech support to anyone who needs it.
By volunteering with AskIT, you’ll interact directly with individuals, sharpening your skills and gaining real-world experience that can jumpstart your career. Provide answers to some of the most common IT issues relating to internet/networking, software/hardware , operating systems and security/viruses — so individuals can implement solutions on their own with your professional guidance.
Who Can Volunteer?
- U.S. residents who have “active” CompTIA A+ certifications.
Why Should I Participate?
- Gain real-world experience.
- Log on whenever, from wherever, as your schedule allows.
- Share your expertise as an IT professional with individuals.
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
How It Works
- When a question comes in, AskIT will randomly assign it to an IT expert, who will be notified via text or email.
- When you get a request, respond within 5 hours by logging into the ASKITNOW website and respond to the question. If you are unable to provide an answer there is an option to have the question reassigned to another expert.
- When an Asker is satisfied with your response, they will close the ticket.
If you’re going on vacation or simply want to take a break, you can pause your account and tickets will no longer be assigned to you.
After answering three requests from three different askers and satisfactorily resolving their issues, you’ll receive 1 CEU, for a maximum of 3 CEUs per year. CompTIA automatically applies CEUs to your certification account – no need to submit any documentation!
Ready to Sign Up?
- Sign up on the AskIT page.
- Complete the tutorial.
- You will then receive an email inviting you to sign up as an AskIT expert.
Get started today and add real-world experience to your resume with AskIT.