Cloud+ Experts Needed
CompTIA is seeking IT professionals who have practical experience working with cloud and virtualization services in an enterprise setting to be involved in a Job Task Analysis Workshop for the CompTIA Cloud+ Certification exam.
During the Job Task Analysis, Subject Matter Experts will identify areas of competence required for the CompTIA Cloud+ exam to ensure that the examination objectives are relevant to job roles and activities for the target audience.
Assistance from SMEs is crucial in providing an industry relevant exam. Potential Cloud+ subject matter experts must have:
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with cloud and virtualization services in an enterprise setting
- Experience operating and integrating cloud technologies, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, or CloudStack, or other similar cloud technologies
- Otherwise qualified network administrators, security administrators, IT system analysts, system administrators and IT consultants in cloud are also encouraged to apply.
It is preferred that potential Cloud+ SMEs hold Cloud+, Server+, or Network+ credentials, or an equivalent industry certificate.
SMEs who attend the workshop will receive:
- An honorarium of $400 per day (or $2000 total for the week), pending adequate level of participation
- 40 continuing education credits (CEUs)
- A complimentary CompTIA testing voucher for the exam of his/her choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily during the workshop
In recognition of their contributions, all SMEs who participate in the Cloud+ Item Writing workshop will have their names and companies (if provided) listed on the CompTIA website.
International SMEs (outside of the US) will also receive an additional $100 per day stipend to help defer travel costs for a total $2500.
When: October 21-25, 2019
Where: CompTIA Headquarters; 3500 Lacey Rd. Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Downers Grove is a suburb of Chicago)
Only professionals currently working with cloud and virtualization services in an enterprise setting should apply. Although CompTIA appreciates interest from the training community, applications from trainers, authors, or individuals who may profit or materially benefit from knowledge of the CompTIA credential content are not eligible to participate.
If you have questions about the application process, email email@example.com.
Apply to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert