Business Analyst and BI Experts Needed!
Does this sound like you? You have at least 5 years’ of analysis experience in a core business function such as marketing and sales, finance and accounting, human resources, or operations. Your day consists of:
- Collecting and analyzing information and trends
- Developing, generating and communicating meaningful reports and dashboards using business analytics software
- Developing, publishing, and maintaining basic SQL queries
- Helping ensure data reporting integrity
- Acting as the subject matter expert for all data and reporting
- Assisting in integration of additional outside data sources into business analytics software such as Tableau, Qlik, or Power BI
- Setting up and monitoring reporting alerts and KPIs
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and reporting for multiple stakeholders
CompTIA is looking for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to be involved in a Job Task Analysis Workshop targeted at business analysts.
During the 3-day Job Task Analysis, Subject Matter Experts will identify areas of competence required for a certification exam in the business analysis space to ensure that the examination objectives are relevant to job roles and activities for the target audience.
Why should you become a CompTIA SME?
SMEs who attend the workshop will receive:
- An honorarium of $400 per day (or $1200 total for the three days), pending adequate level of participation
- A complimentary CompTIA testing voucher for the exam of his/her choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily during the workshop
- Dinner out with the group on Tuesday
- International SMEs (outside of North America) will receive an additional $100 a day to help defer additional travel costs.
And if that’s not enough to convince you to apply, participation as a CompTIA SME offers you opportunities to:
- Make connections with other industry leaders. As a CompTIA SME you will interact with other experts in the data management and analytics space. The workshop offers you an outlet for sharing your expertise in a way that positively impacts not only your organization, but the entire industry.
- Gain recognition for your expertise. CompTIA SMEs represent the highest levels of expertise in their respective fields and only the most qualified applicants are chosen to participate. Becoming a CompTIA SME identifies you to current and future employers as someone with both the expertise and passion to make a difference in your field.
- Take a “seat at the table”. Defining an analytics certification will provide reference points for recruiting, hiring, training and promoting data management and analytics talent. SME participation gives you a voice in setting standards that best meet your organization’s talent goals.
Who is CompTIA?
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association whose mission revolves around empowering people to build successful technology careers. We have certified over two million IT professionals since 1993 and our credentials are requested by employers in tens of thousands of job ads every year.
Our current portfolio of skills certifications focuses on IT Infrastructure and Cybersecurity roles. These certifications were developed in response to industry needs for consistent standards to use in describing and validating job competency. We’re now exploring data analysis skill sets in reaction to observations of the challenges presented by a shortage of data analysis skills, a wide variation in job titles and responsibilities, and a lack of consistency in educational program offerings and credentials.
Share your expertise and be recognized for it! Apply now to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert.
When: November 4-6, 2019
Where: CompTIA Headquarters; 3500 Lacey Rd. Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Downers Grove is a suburb of Chicago)
Only professionals currently working in the field of business analysis should apply. Although CompTIA appreciates interest from the training community, applications from trainers, authors, or individuals who may profit or materially benefit from knowledge of the CompTIA credential content are not eligible to participate.
If you have questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert