A+ Experts Needed
CompTIA is currently seeking IT professionals with strong technical backgrounds to participate in an Job Task Analysis workshop for our A+ Certification exam.
During the Job Task Analysis, Subject Matter Experts will identify areas of competence required for an exam to ensure that the examination objectives are relevant to job roles and activities for the target audience.
Assistance from SMEs is crucial in providing an industry relevant exam. While it is preferred that SMEs are A+ certified, or have equivalent or higher credentials, potential SMEs must have at least:
- 5 years of cumulative professional experience
- 2 years of current experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and PC hardware, including motherboard related components
SMEs who attend the workshop will receive:
- An honorarium of $400 per day (or $2000 total for the week), pending adequate level of participation
- A complementary CompTIA testing voucher for the exam of his/her choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily during the workshop
In recognition of their contributions, all SMEs who participate in the entire Job Task Analysis workshop will have their names and companies (if provided) listed on the CompTIA website.
International SMEs (outside of North America) will receive a $500 a day stipend to help defer additional travel costs.
When: January 22nd-26th, 2018
Where: CompTIA/Examplify headquarters, 3500 Lacey Road Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515. (Downers Grove is a suburb of Chicago.)
Only professionals with strong technical backgrounds with current experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and PC hardware should apply. Although CompTIA appreciates interest from the training community, applications from trainers, authors, or individuals who may profit or materially benefit from knowledge of the CompTIA credential content are not eligible to participate.
If you have questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert