A+ Experts Needed
CompTIA is currently seeking IT professionals with strong technical backgrounds to participate in a Cut Score workshop for our A+ Certification exam.
During the Cut Score workshop, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will determine and set the passing standard for the certification exam, and will create, develop, and review items for the CompTIA A+ exam.
Assistance from SMEs is crucial in providing an industry relevant exam. While it is preferred that SMEs are A+ certified, or have equivalent or higher credentials, potential SMEs must have at least:
- 5 years of cumulative professional experience
- 2 years of current experience in supporting and troubleshooting a variety of computing devices and operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Android or IOS
SMEs who attend the workshop will receive:
- An honorarium of $400 per day (or $2000 total for the week), pending adequate level of participation
- A complimentary CompTIA testing voucher for the exam of his/her choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments daily during the workshop
In recognition of their contributions, all SMEs who participate in the entire Cut Score workshop will have their names and companies (if provided) listed on the CompTIA website.
International SMEs (outside of North America) will receive a $500 a day stipend to help defer additional travel costs.
When: October 1st-5th, 2018
Where: CompTIA Headquarters; 3500 Lacey Rd. Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Downers Grove is a suburb of Chicago)
Only professionals with strong technical backgrounds with current experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and PC hardware should apply. Although CompTIA appreciates interest from the training community, applications from trainers, authors, or individuals who may profit or materially benefit from knowledge of the CompTIA credential content are not eligible to participate.
If you have questions about the application process, email email@example.com.
Apply to become a CompTIA Subject Matter Expert