What is Continuing Education?
Information technology (IT) is a rapidly changing industry. As an IT professional, you need to show that your skills and knowledge are current with industry developments. CompTIA’s Continuing Education (CE) program was launched on January 1, 2011, as a way to help you do just that and make sure you can keep your certifications up-to-date.
CompTIA’s A+, Network+, Security+, Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CSA+), Cloud+ and CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifications have globally-recognized ISO/ANSI accreditation status. As part of the accreditation requirements, these certifications expire every three years. You can renew these certifications through the CompTIA CE Program.
CompTIA CE certifications
As of January 1, 2011, the certifications below are valid for three years from your certification date. Any CompTIA certifications you earned prior to January 1, 2011 have a good-for-life (GFL) status and do not expire.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
Ways to renew your certification(s)
You can renew your CE certification(s) every three years in the following ways:
- Pass most current version of the exam for the CompTIA certification you are renewing. Example: If you are renewing a CompTIA A+ 801/802 certification, taking and passing the CompTIA A+ 901/902 exams will renew your certification.
(See note below.)
- Achieve a qualifying higher-level CompTIA certification, or other higher-level industry certification.
- Complete continuing education activities, which allow you to keep your certification current without retesting.
- For those with a qualifying CompTIA A+ce certification you may renew it by passing the CompTIA A+ Recertification exam, RC0-903 (Not available for 900 series exam takers).
- For those with a qualifying CompTIA Network+ce certification you may renew it by passing the CompTIA Network+ Recertification exam, RC0-N06 (Not available for N10-006 exam takers).
Note: If a Candidate has passed an exam (or multiple exams) and achieved a certification, he/she cannot take the exam again, using the same exam code, without prior consent from CompTIA.