The CompTIA A+ Recertification Exam offers an efficient option for renewing active, qualifying CompTIA A+ CE Certifications. The Recertification Exam bridges the competencies measured by earlier versions of the CompTIA A+ certification exams and the current 900-series exams. In addition to validating objectives new to the 900-series, the A+ Recertification Exam also assesses a subset of the knowledge and skills rated by industry experts as being the most relevant for on-the-job performance.
Am I eligible?
The current CompTIA A+ Recertification Exam, RC0-903, is available to anyone who earned their certification by passing the A+ 800-series set of exams (or earlier), and has maintained an active A+ CE certification. Good-for-life certifications are not available for renewal.
How does the A+ recertification exam work?
- The A+ Recertification exam is another way in which to renew your active A+ CE certification.
- CompTIA will notify those who qualify to take the A+ Recertification exam via email. The notification email will contain instructions, including a Private Access Code (PAC) needed to register for the exam.
- The A+ Recertification Exam may be completed online at any location where Internet connectivity is available and meets minimum system requirements.
- You may complete your exam once you have paid the exam fee and registered for the test.
- You have 45 days from the registration date to complete the Recertification Exam. To qualify, the exam must be completed before your CE certification expiration date.
- If you plan on taking a Recertification Exam to fulfill your current A+ renewal requirements and you pass the exam, the CE Fees are waived.
- Upon passing the A+ Recertification Exam, your certification record will be updated automatically. Your new three-year CE Renewal Cycle dates will be displayed on the Continuing Education page in your certification record.