Additional IT Industry Certifications
You can earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by earning or renewing other IT industry certifications not offered by CompTIA.
Industry Certifications to Earn CEUs Toward Your Renewal
Please choose the CompTIA certification you would like to renew to see which industry certifications will earn you CEUs.
What You Need to Know
If you intend to get a non-CompTIA IT industry certification to earn CEUs toward the renewal of your CompTIA certification, please make sure that it meets the following requirements.
- Timing: The non-CompTIA IT industry certification must be earned or renewed during your three-year renewal cycle.
- Relevance: CompTIA has preapproved specific IT industry certifications that are relevant to the CompTIA certification you are renewing. Only the certifications listed on the preapproved charts can be used to earn CEUs.
- Documentation: Submit the completed IT industry certification using the “Earned a Non-CompTIA Certification” activity to receive CEUs.
Your submission must include a copy of the certificate, transcript or badge link issued by the certifying body and contain the following information:
- Your name
- Name of the certification
- Date the certification was earned or renewed
Please note, training completion certificates, score reports and emails are not valid submissions.
CompTIA automatically audits all IT industry certifications submitted for CEUs. Please allow 24 hours for us to complete the audit and add the CEUs to your account.