Recertify with a CompTIA Recertification Exam
CompTIA Recertification Exams will retire June 30, 2018. You have 45 days to take and complete the exam once you register, or until June 30, 2018, whichever comes first.
The CompTIA Recertification Exam Series bridges the content gap between the exam that you passed and the exam objectives of the most current release.
Overview and Eligibility
You are eligible to take a CompTIA recertification exam if you passed an earlier version and your certification has not expired.
- If you are eligible to take the recertification exam, CompTIA will automatically notify you via email and provide you with a Private Access Code (PAC).
- CompTIA recertification exams are online exams that you may take from anywhere with an internet connection, as long as your system meets the minimum requirements.
- Online recertification exams are available for the following CompTIA certifications:
What You Need to Know
- Timing: CompTIA Recertification Exams will retire June 30, 2018. You have 45 days to take and complete the exam once you register, or until June 30, 2018, whichever comes first. Once you register for your exam, you have 45 days to complete it. You must pass the CompTIA recertification exam during your three-year renewal cycle.
- Relevance: The exam must match the CompTIA certification you are renewing. If you hold higher-level CompTIA certifications, you will want to review your options to renew the highest level that you have, as it will automatically renew qualifying lower-level CompTIA certifications.
- Documentation: After passing the exam, CompTIA will automatically renew your certification. You will not need to submit further documentation.
- CE Fees: No additional CE fees are required if you pass a recertification exam. CompTIA recertification exams follow the same policies as full CompTIA exams.