As technology continues to evolve, it is important for IT professionals to show employers that their skills, knowledge and credentials are current with industry developments. You can do this through the CompTIA Continuing Education Program.
The following certifications are valid for three years from the date of certification. If you do not renew your certification within three years, you will no longer be certified and must retake the exam to reactivate your certification.
|Certification ||CEUs required for renewal |
|CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
Renewing Your Certification
You can renew your certification by earning continuing education units (CEUs). There are several ways to earn CEUs:
- Achieve a higher-level certification
- Complete activities to show new learning, such as attending training courses, participating in industry events, and applying relevant work experience or college courses.
- Take a newer version of the certification exam
Continuing Education Deadlines Approaching
For certified professionals who were certified or manually enrolled in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ or CASP in 2011, you need to meet the requirements of the Continuing Education Program by next year in order to remain certified. These certifications are valid for three years after the date you became certified. Find out what you can do to stay certified.
Successful completion of the CE Program requires that all the following terms are met on or before the CE Program expiration date.
- Sign the Continuing Education Program Code of Ethics Policy annually
- Pay the three-year CE maintenance fees associated with the highest-level certification you intend to renew.
- Upload all Continuing Education Unit requirements associated with the highest-level certification you intend to renew.
These requirements can be completed through your certification account.
Audits of CE program involvement occur on a random basis. CompTIA is unable to guarantee your record will be audited.
Renewing Multiple Certifications
Some higher-level CompTIA certifications will automatically renew lower-level certifications (shown in their respective order, highest-level to lowest-level, below.) CompTIA Mobility+ and CompTIA Cloud+ do not automatically renew other certifications.
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
- CompTIA Storage+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA A+