|The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates that an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud. |
The CompTIA Cloud Essentials exam covers:
- Characteristics of cloud services from a business perspective
- Business value of cloud computing
- Technical perspective/cloud types
- Steps to successful adoption
- Impact and changes on IT service management
- Risks and consequences
The Cloud Essentials exam objectives were originally developed by ITpreneurs in cooperation with the Cloud Credential Council, a membership body dedicated to vendor-neutral training in cloud computing and comprised of companies including IBM, Cisco, EMC, HP and ING.
While it is not required, CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months working in an environment that markets or relies on IT-related services.