You can purchase a voucher for your exam or you can pay with a credit card when you register to take the test at one of CompTIA's testing partners. Vouchers are available from the CompTIA Marketplace. If you took a class to help you prepare for the exam, be sure and ask your CompTIA Authorized Partner Program trainer if they sell vouchers or include them as part of the training package.
Register for your CompTIA exam through Pearson VUE testing centers. The CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals exam is also offered at Certiport testing centers.
- Visit their site to find the closest testing center to you.
- Create an online account to register for the exam and store your information with the testing center.
- Schedule the exam online. You can also register by phone or by contacting the testing center directly. You will be required to enter your voucher number or provide payment information at registration.
- You will receive e-mail confirmation of your registration including any additional details you may need from the testing center.
See an overview of a CompTIA exam below
Other helpful tips
- Download the exam objectives for your CompTIA exam, understand those skills described, and be able to apply that knowledge in a real world environment. To help anticipate topics that might be addressed with performance based questions, pay special attention to objectives that lend themselves to multi-faceted scenarios.
- Use home equipment to help learn the tasks needed for your exam.If you don't have the needed hardware then try the Internet. Vendor websites, YouTube tutorials and tech forums offer valuable information found in exam objectives.
- If possible, get real experience.You’ll be more successful on performance-based questions if you have the ability to practice the skills — either in a simulated environment, on a computer, at work, or in class with live labs.
- Organize what you learn.Try creating charts and bullet lists to better remember the information.
- Use practice exams.Practice exams are useful because they allow you to see the kinds of questions you’ll encounter during the test.
- Review, review, review. If you have remaining time left, go back and check your answers.
- Do NOT make the mistake of using “brain dump” sites, or sites that claim to have actual test questions.In addition to running the risk that CompTIA will revoke your certification (see Exam Policies)CompTIA regularly refreshes the questions on exams to discourage cheating and encourage preparation that will result in success not just on the exam, but on the job.
Thoughts about Cheating
Read "Pirates, cheats and IT certs"